Putting up a wardrobe can be pretty daunting, but one sure thing is that it must be a unique place you can call your own. A place where you can organize and store your clothes aesthetically to give you ease and efficiency in your daily routine; and a place that is easily accessible and organized. It has to be done to your own taste and preference.
- Usage: There are a lot of wardrobe design and configuration options in the market to choose from. There are also a combination of drawers, shoe racks, hanging space, shelves that you can integrate into your wardrobe. Whatever option you decide to go with should be primarily informed by what you want to use the wardrobe for. Do you just want to keep clothes in it or do you also want a shoe rack at the bottom?
- Functionality: How much space will your items need in the wardrobe? If you intend to store evening gowns, long coats, or dressing gowns in your wardrobe, then it’s crucial to get hangers that use the entire length of your wardrobe. You should also consider drawers and shelves for smaller items such as makeup kits, brushes, and body oils. If it’s a walk-in wardrobe, you may want to budget for lighting too.
- Style: A wardrobe is a significant piece of furniture in your house. Its design will significantly influence the aesthetics of your bedroom. Even as you pay attention to the functionality of your wardrobe, don’t forget about how it will fit into the style and theme of your bedroom.
- Material and Finish: These play an important role in your wardrobe’s style and aesthetic value. There are various options available in the market, such as particleboard, matte finish, painted finish, solid wood, glass mirrors, high gloss finish, or painted finish. It is suitable to use similar material for your headboard to integrate your design aspect into your wardrobe.
- Position: Determine where exactly you want to position your wardrobe since it is a significant piece of your furniture that you can not move around anyhow. The position of the wardrobe will depend on its size and the space available in your bedroom. However, it is critical to ensure adequate space for other furniture in your bedroom. Do not also block the windows or other sources of natural light.
- The Durability and texture: Lastly, consider the durability and texture of your wardrobe. You want to have a strong and durable wardrobe that will be able to withstand the pressure of your belongings. Ensure that the paint used also doesn’t wash off easily. Always buy high-quality materials for your wardrobe.
There are a lot of things you have to consider when designing your wardrobe. From functionality to space planning, ergonomics, and aesthetics. You have to think about where to position the mirror, what lighting to use, and whether your cabinetry will have handles or not. It can be quite a headache. But we can help you to build your dream wardrobe.